Here is a list of the best physics MCQ books for NEET 2023 preparation. Gear up for NEET with top and good objective physics books that are also recommended by toppers, making it easier for you to crack NEET Physics and solve the MCQ.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, popularly known as NEET is the common medical entrance examination in India. NEET exam is conducted by NTA and it is necessary to crack if students want to pursue MBBS or BDS in the future. It’s always better is you start preparing for it early.
There’s no doubt that a lot of students find Physics very difficult initially but if you work hard and smart, ultimately you will manage to score well. It is important to choose the right and best book for preparation of NEET Physics.
Physics is the rank determining factor in NEET and should not be neglected. Like how there is a rate-determining step in chemical kinetics, similarly, Physics is the rank determining subject in NEET!
As a medical student pursuing MBBS myself, I’ve been in your shoes and know the amount of preparation, stress, and struggle one goes through in that phase. In this eBook, I talk about the strategies aspirants need to follow to crack NEET with flying colours. It’s a natural and human tendency to lose motivation and inspiration from time to time. Throughout this guide, I show you how you can stay focused and consistent in the best possible manner.
List of the Best Physics MCQ Books For NEET
1. NCERT Textbooks
- 2 volumes of class 11th and 2 volumes of class 12th. Totally 4 volumes.
- Class XI Physics deals with:
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Energy
- Oscillations and Waves
- Class XII Physics deals with:
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- NEET is based on NCERT hence it’s a must-have for students preparing for the medical entrance examination.
- It’s a well-designed textbook making it easier for students to strengthen their basics.
- Designed by experts after doing extensive research and analysis of the subject.
- Written in simple language.
- Includes all the basics and fundamentals of all the topics in Physics.
NOTE: PDF version is available for free on the official website of NCERT.
A lot of students have this question in mind, whether NCERT is enough for NEET? Here’s a simple answer. The competition for a seat in a prestigious medical college is no longer easy today. For success, you require an objective approach in your preparation. This does not mean you prepare yourself for just MCQs.
Objective approach could be defined as the approach through which a student is able to master the concepts of the subject and also the skills required to tackle the questions asked in different formats in entrances such as NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test).
Medical or NEET aspirants need to go beyond the traditional NCERT in order to have a solid grip over it. An objective or MCQ type book is required which will test our knowledge in the subsequent chapters. You can go for anyone of the next three below:
2. DC Pandey Objective Physics
- 2 volumes.
- Detailed study material and exercises for practice.
- Concepts are in an easy-going manner, taking the help of suitable examples.
- Follows class 11th as well as 12th syllabus of Physics in sync with NCERT, allowing students to prepare for entrance exam NEET along with their boards.
- Contains questions on various different levels which helps to enhance the accuracy of problem-solving.
- Comprehensive solved examples help the students to learn basic problem-solving skills.
- Well designed diagrams, tables, and figures wherever necessary.
- Assignments at the end of each chapter are divided into 3 parts: Part A having objective questions (arranged according to difficulty level), Part B having special types of questions like Assertion reason and matching, Part C covering the previous year’s questions.
- In short, it’s the best physics practice book for NEET.
3. Errorless Physics
- 2 volumes.
- An exhaustive theory with subchapter wise division and level wise grading of questions.
- Has a comprehensive set of questions with their answers.
- Every chapter has an abundant number of questions to practice.
- Has a variety of questions and solved papers of the last 20+ years of almost all engineering and medical entrance examinations of India.
- Starts from the basic and gradually ascends to the complex problems of a chapter.
- Solutions have a very good explanation.
- As the title of the book says, it has no errors!
4. MTG Objective NCERT Physics at Your Fingertips
- Variety of MCQs to test and check your progress.
- At the beginning of each chapter, it provides a very student-friendly synopsis for a quick revision.
- Simple and informative summary.
- Designed as per the fact that most of the Physics questions asked in NEET are from NCERT.
- NCERT Exemplar MCQ is also included.
- Practice papers for self-assessment.
Additional books to aid your preparation:
5. Previous years Physics Chapterwise Solutions
- It’s very important to solve previous years question papers (NEET and AIIMS) to have an idea about the exam pattern.
- By solving these papers, you can judge your preparation level.
- It will give you an overview of the chapter-wise weightage and the nature of the questions asked in NEET Physics.
- You can choose either MTG or Arihant, both are reputed publishers.
6. HC Verma: Concept of Physics
- 2 volumes.
- Not necessary for NEET preparation.
- Volume 1 covers the syllabus of class 11 and comprises 22 chapters. Volume 2 covers the class 12 syllabus and consists of 25 chapters.
- Good for concept building developing and in-depth knowledge of basic physics.
- Covers all necessary topics.
- Has numericals which have been specifically designed to assist students to understand the topic with ease.
- Great for understanding the fundamentals of Physics.
- One of the best physics theory book for NEET.
- Explained in an easy to understand language and lucid manner.
- Can help to boost one’s preparation as it contains a wide range of questions with varying difficulty.
- Helps in building concepts and can be very useful when you’ve started with your preparartion. Questions are lenghty and concept specific.
- But if you’re at the peak of your preparation, you need to go for objective type books like DC Pandey or Errorless from which you can revise and practice on the go.
Good luck Medicoholics! Until next time.